Nicolas Riviere. / Nico.
I'm a Video game animator, lead animator, cinematic supervisor and Animation Director.
After getting my degree in the school: Supinfocom in 1999, I worked for Kalisto Entertainment, Tiwak (Microsoft, then Ubisoft Montpellier) Ready at Dawn studios (SoCal) Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft Annecy and Techland (Poland).
Techland - (Wroclaw, Poland)
July 2016 - December 2020
- “Dying Light 2 ” (PS4/PS5/Xbox/PC) - Animation Narrative Director
Animation Bible: Definition of Animation Pillars and goals.
Motion capture - Capturing all NPC dialogue systems and multiple scenes for Npc life in hubs and city. Cinematic director.
Director of the new Dialogue systemic editor and animation librairie, for open world needs, and for multiple games.
Ubisoft Studios - (Annecy, France)
July 2013 - September 2014 // then February 2015 - September 2015
- “Assassin’s Creed Syndicate” (PS4/One/PC) - Animator and Lead Animator
Team lead & animation art director for the “Train Hideout”: gang’s life & missions.
Motion capture - animation consultant for “Train Hideout” cinematics, & actor’s director for “Train Hideout” missions (ingame animations) on the set. (Toronto, Ca).
Animator (from motion capture sessions) + engine integration.
- “Assassin’s Creed Unity” (PS4/One/PC) - Lead Animator & Character’s Teams
“Cafe Theatre”: Team lead & animation art director.
Creative director for the “Living & Breathing” feature in the cafe-theatre.
Ubisoft Studios - (Paris, France)
September 2012 - February 2013
- “Ghost Recon Wildlands” Prototype phase (PC) - CINEMATIC Motion Capture Animator
Cinematic animator (Motion Builder) & cinematic layout integration & preparations.
Motion capture animation consultant on the set. (Quantic Dream, FR).
April 2011 – April 2012
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Microsoft Xbox®, Sony PS3®) - Lead Animator
Leading the animation team: managing, checking pipeline, schedules, Animation’s quality and driving 18 co-workers on the project.
Motion capture animation consultant, actor’s and movement Director for some scenes on the set. (Audiomotion, UK).
Ready At Dawn Studios - (Irvine, CA / USA)
November 2004 – November 2010
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta (Sony PSP®) - Cinematic Supervisor
Cinematic lead: Co-directed cinematic sequences and scheduling, supervising animation and managing a small team.
Layout & camera animations (Autodesk Maya) + game integration & render of all cinematics.
Video + sound editing (Adobe Premiere) and post-production effects (After Effects).
- God of War: Chains of Olympus (Sony PSP®) - Cinematic Supervisor
Cinematic Lead: Co-directed cinematic sequences and scheduling, supervising animations and managing a small team.
Layout, character and camera animations of all cinematics (Autodesk Maya).
Render pipeline, Asset integration, Video and sound editing (Adobe Premiere).
- Daxter (Sony PSP®) - Cinematic Artist
Layout, character and camera animation for half of all cinematics (Autodesk Maya).
Final editing (Adobe Premiere).
Select Daxter acrobatic movement (in-game) animations.
Tiwak Studio - Ubisoft Montpellier - (Montpellier, France)
November 2001 – October 2004
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (Xbox 360®) Lead Technical Animator
Pipeline for the character animation & motion capture team during pre-production.
- Tork: Prehistoric Punk (Xbox®) - Animator
NPCs & Bosses In-game animator + Cinematics co-director, layouts & animations.
Kalisto Entertainment SA - (Bordeaux, France)
November 1999 – October 2001
- 4 Wheel Thunder - Midway (Sega Dreamcast®) - Cinematic Animator.
Technical Cinematic Animator, Scene layouts and animation.
- Legende de Callisto (Internal promotional movie) - Director, Scene Layouts.
Directing, scene and camera layouts, graphic supervision.
- Various unannounced - Cinematic Animator, Animator
In-game and cinematic animator on various prototypes (Sega Dreamcast® or Sony PS2®)
1996 - 1999 - SupinfoCom - Computer Graphic diploma. (Valenciennes, France)
C.G. short-movie: "Ethyl'hic." (http://vimeo.com/1315856)
1992-1993 - Graduate: Bac. D - Biology (Montpellier, France)